From the time of first contact with our clinic, we aim to help you feel at ease about the appointment process. Seeing a dietitian can be a new and rewarding experience, so we will provide you with some guidance on how to get ready for your consultation when you schedule your visit with us.
Initial appointment: 60 minutes
The aim of your first session is to get to know you so that the education and advice we provide is personalised to your unique needs. We aim for this to be a safe space where you can share and feel listened to.
- We will assess your current dietary intake, your eating habits, food intolerances and any food preferences. We will also spend time talking about how your lifestyle, family and work impacts on your eating habits.
- We will review your medical history, medications and supplements, tests results and doctors letters.
- You will be provided with up-to-date nutrition information for your health or digestive conditions. The issues you are seeing us for will always be considered with your overall health and wellbeing in mind.
- We will work with you to develop goals and some strategies for achieving those goals, provided a dietary plan when appropriate and the skills you need to make these changes a reality.
Review appointment: 30 minutes
Changing your eating habits can be challenging, and review sessions help us to celebrate wins with you, but also troubleshoot difficulties. Together we can monitor your progress and provide you with accountability; and research shows that you can see better results working with a qualified dietitian than if trying to go it alone.
- We will check in with you to discuss the progress made towards your nutrition goals, and use a variety measures when considering this. Over time, we will work together to update your goals, and we include ongoing education to empower you become a master your own health.
- We review any food and symptom diaries
- Our team are skilled problem solvers, and we will work with you to find strategies that work.
- We communicate with your health team (your GP or specialist) throughout the process to ensure you have continuity of care.
Extended reviews are able to be booked if you feel that you would like additional time.
To book an appointment with us, please fill out the contact form, or contact one of our dietitians directly. We will always welcome your phone call.